The following positions are open for nominations for the 2021-2022 school year: President (1-year term), Vice President Volunteers (1-year term), Secretary (1-year term), Treasurer (2-year term), At-Large (must be parent/guardian, 2-year term).
President – one year term
Shall preside at all meetings of the LHSGB&OPC, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees and task forces.
Vice President of Volunteer Coordination – one year term
Shall be responsible for securing volunteers and coordinating any events/activities as required for of the LHSGB&OPC. Coordinates any fundraising that benefits the LHSGB&OPC as a whole. Shall perform all duties of the president when the president is absent or the office has been vacated.
Treasurer – two year term
Shall have charge and keep accurate records of all the LHSGB&OPC funds. The Treasurer shall make disbursements to execute administrative business in conjunction with the approved budget and in accordance with Article IV Section 9. The Treasurer shall submit a monthly financial report showing monthly, year-to-date, and budgeted expenditures. The Treasurer shall submit the financial records for an annual audit by an independent auditor and submit any required filings or reports, which should be completed as soon as possible after the end of the LHSGB&OPC’s fiscal year.
Secretary – one year term
Shall keep a record of all proceedings of the LHSGB&OPC, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee, and handle the LHSGB&OPC’s correspondence. The secretary shall keep and provide minutes of the general meeting to the membership as well as take attendance at all meetings.
At-Large Member of Board of Directors: two year term (must be parent or guardian)
Are responsible to solicit donations, whether by funds, in kind services, and/or products to support the Program.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the nominating process timeline will be abbreviated but the process itself will remain intact based on the bylaws. The timeline will be as follows:
1. Nominations will be open from Wednesday, May 26 through 5:00 pm on Friday, June 4.
2. This year the nominating committee will be accepting nominations through this google form. Please fill out the form for each person you wish to nominate.
3. Nominees will be contacted by the nominating committee to verify the consent of each nominee over the weekend of June 4, 5, and 6.
4. Nominations will be accepted from the floor at the June 8 meeting (only with the consent of the nominee present).
5. The slate of nominees will then be presented to the general membership for approval.
6. Pending approval of the slate, it will then go to vote by the current Board of Directors.
7. Board of Directors have until 5:00 pm on Friday, June 11 to cast their votes.
8. Candidates will be notified of the results by the nominating committee on or before June 13.
9. Newly elected positions will be announced in the final newsletter of the school year on Sunday, June 13.
Submitted on behalf of the 2021-2022 Nominating Committee (as appointed by the Executive Committee)
Meg Evans Gartley (Ex officio)