Executive Board Attendance: Amy Haydt, Meg Evans Gartley, Tina Martucci, Nikki Giannaras, Mr. Long, Mr. Frank
- Welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Introduced herself and board members (Meg-VP Student Accounting/Tina-VP Volunteers/Nikki-Secretary)
- Treasurer resigned. We are currently filling spot.
Meg (VP Student Accounts)
- Website has useful information!
- Grenadier clothing store open until Sunday.
- Find Facebook and Twitter Feeds on Website.
- Meeting Minutes will be on website.
- Fair Share–Band/orchestra-Used for operating budget/not collecting Fair Share at the moment/Will announce reduced Fair Share amount in December or January.
- Quota Accounts–Under construction
- If you need account information for your child…email Meg.
- New students can sign-up for Quota account using the online quota form on the website.
- Fundraisers are on website–Blue Mountain Candles, WaWa Coupons, Gertrude Hawk Candies
- Fundraisers are announced in newsletter and on website
- If you want to receive newsletters, sign up on website. Click on “envelope” icon on homepage.
- We are currently working on updating calendar and contact information on website.
Tina (VP Volunteers)
- Volunteering–If you wish to volunteer with the band, give clearances to Mr. Frank.
- Volunteers are needed to run fundraisers.
Mr. Frank (Assistant Band Director)
- Thanks for sending your amazing kids to us as we navigate this new normal. Flexibility is key.
- Schoology is the best way to stay up on everything. Check it daily.
- Band App helps students stay current as well.
- There will be four football games (10/3, 10/9, 10/23, 10/31).
- We are ready for any scenario concerning football games. We are looking for creative scenarios for students to play.
- PMEA, District Band, and District Orchestra–Posted on Schoology/No Festivals/Roster named/Students should prepare solos if they want to try out!
Mr. Long (Band Director)
- What a heck of a year! Thank you to everyone who cooperated for the time I was out. Thank you to the Haydts for representing the band at my mother’s funeral.
- Trip Information-I would like to form a committee (3-4 parents per grade level) to sit and talk about validity of a trip (price/destination). Information to follow. We are in the same boat as other LV Bands. We are all trying to figure out what to do as a band.
- Bethlehem Halloween Parade-Will be virtual. We cannot put out a good product…so we will use footage from another school year. We do not want to sacrifice quality!
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS…
- Seniors get first choice to play at football games.
- We are not sure of what year we will take our next band trip.
- Clearances from middle school do not transfer to high school. Be sure to send them directly to band department.
- There are 204 students in the band currently.
- Parents are able to check Schoology for attendance. Go to “Mentoring Class”.
- Meetings will be second Tuesday of the month/Posted on website and sent out in newsletter.