Liberty Instrumental Music Association (LHSGB&OPC)
General Membership Meeting
Sept 11, 2018
Britt Reifinger called meeting called to order 7:31pm.
Present at meeting: Entire Executive Board: Britt Reifinger, Meg Evans Gartley, Jason Applegate, Lynn Masters, Lynne Zipprodt, Kevin Long, Allen Frank and Ruth Zettlemoyer, various Fundraising Chairs, Volunteer Coordinator: Silagh White, and many band parents and family members.
Introductions: Student Senate: Graydon Wascura, Braden Blake, CJ Van-Spanje
- Join the Remind: text @lhsgb19 to 81010, or download the APP
Revised May 2018 and Aug 2018 minutes presented. Stand as corrected/written.
Corrected 2018-19 Budget presented. Motion to approve: Bob Wascura, second: Rose Miravich. Budget approved unanimously.
Treasurer report, Jason Applegate:
- Audit was completed. Everything is in order.
- August Treasurer report presented.
VP report, Meg Evans Gartley:
- Quota is up to date for August Gertrude Hawk and Fair Share payments as of 9/7/18.
- Hoagies: Make day 9/15, Report time 6:30am.
- Fall Mums: Delivery 9/22, Volunteers are needed to sort about 800 plants.
- Apple Dumplings: Orders due 9/30, Delivery 10/13
- Gertrude Hawk: ongoing reach out to Kathy Pelletiers
- Grenadier Cards: new cards are available now. They run through September 2019. The existing cards purchased last year are good through December 2018. Cards are available this year at the Band Stand at home football games and Freedom/Liberty game. Cost is $10
Mr Frank Report:
Reminder to drop off in the morning for band on Grenadier Blvd. NOT in the small lot by pool.
Clearances: Any questions reach out to Mr. Frank. Completed copies go to Mr. Frank.
1st Co: rehearsals started on 9/10. Every Monday 5:30p-7p
Details to follow but usually they go to Hershey Mid October for the PA school board association.
Mr Long Report:
Ephrata Parade –
- Report time 2:45p. Buses leave at 3:30pm. Arrive Ephrata at 5:30pm. Step off 7p.
- Parade starts and ends at the school.
- LHSGB is the Honor Band, so first in parade.
- It is 100th Anniversary of the Parade.
- LHSGB will be adjudicated, but as Honor Band cannot receive any awards.
- LHSGB will have a 5-6 minute display at Judge’s stand.
- LHSGB goes to Parade Rain or Shine
- Students should make sure up to the parade they are hydrated.
- Bring a bag dinner/snacks. Beverages in cardboard or plastic only. No glass.
- Arrival back at LHS ~9:30p-10p.
- Information about parade: routing, etc. will be posted on LHSGBOPC website.
Tina Martucci has agreed to be the Band Parent Historian. She will be looking for help identifying the years in some photos. If you are in a position to help with this reach out to Tina to offer help.
501(c)(3) Report Bob Wascura
Normal process is 6 months. LHSGBOPC has set a goal to be done in 4 months.
Meeting adjourned at 8:09pm.
Draft for presentation at October 2018 meeting.