Liberty Instrumental Music Association (LHSGB&OPC)
General Membership Meeting
May 14, 2019
Present: Meg Evans Gartley, Jason Applegate, Lynn Masters, Lynne Zipprodt, Kevin Long, Allen Frank and 39 signed in for the meeting.
Minutes from April presented.
- No corrections. Stand as presented.
- April presented.
- Balance in accounts as of 4/30/19 $261,454.55. The bulks is monies in student accounts. The band has $59,000 available in the general fund.
- Quota payments up to date through 5/12/19 includes April Hoagies and April Gertrude Hawk, Little Caesars, Sagra Beans. Cost of New York trip was deducted.
- May payment for band trip due. Quota accounts should have a minimum of $1180 (Deposit $325, March $285, April $285, May $285, total $1180)
- To sign up for on-line Quota go to the website and click on the Quota tab, fill out form
- Questions on Quota reach out to the Band VP
- Senior and transferring Students may make requests for refunds or transfers are due by 5/15/19 email Band VP and Treasurer
- May 24 is last day to order Gertrude Hawk and they are not sold over summer. Final pickup for Gertrude Hawk is June 7.
- Strudel orders due May 18, Delivery June 1
- Wawa coupon fundraiser-looking for a chair hoping to run it in June
- August Band Parent meeting – Fundraisers that will open will be: Giant, Weis and ShopRite cards, Grenadier Garden Stones, Krispy Kreme
- Band and band unit schedule
- 5/14 Bethlehem Police Memorial
- 5/15 Allentown Police Memorial
- 5/16 Evening of the Arts and Choral Pops at 7p
- 5/17 Advanced placement Music Theory Exam 8am
- 5/20 Senior Dinner 6pm –The Prime Restaurant
- 5/27 Memorial Day, report time 8am, full band, step off 9am, march to cemetery, march back to school
- 5/28 Junior & Seniors return uniforms upon arrival at school(Junior Orchestra keep Orchestra/Pipes attire)
- 5/29 Sophomore & Freshman return uniforms upon arrival at school(keep Orchestra/Pipes attire)
- 6/5 Graduation – Orchestra and Pipes report at 5p
- 6/6 Remaining uniforms are returned
- Seniors- in order to walk at graduation you must have returned uniforms and all components and paid up for Band Concert Tickets.
- Band Leadership selection is being finalized and will be announced on Friday 5/17.
- Dates for July uniform fittings are being coordinated and will be announced as early as possible.
- 8/5 Band Camp starts at 8am
- Slate of LHSGB&OPC officers announced. Each position only had one nominee. Shawn Bobyak moved to approve slate, Silagh White seconded. Slate was unanimously approved by all in attendance. The 2019-2020 officers are:
- President- Britt Reifinger
- VP Volunteers – Amy Haydt
- VP Student Accounts – Meg Evans Gartley
- Treasurer – Jason Applegate
- Secretary – Nicki Giannaras