Dear LHSGB Students and Parents,
As we navigate our way to the end of this school year, we must start putting some focus on what next year will bring. Hopefully we can begin to start seeing a more “normal” school experience, especially for the music department. One of the topics of discussion is that of a trip. Many factors go into deciding if traveling with the band is something we can consider now, or if it is best to hold off a bit longer.
No trips have been proposed to the school board at this time. However, we have explored options with the parent board, a trip focus group, and as a final step, would like to get feedback from the entire parent organization before moving forward. Though we have discussed possible destinations, no final decisions have been made. We will, of course, adhere to any applicable BASD and CDC guidelines at time of travel. This is all simply preliminary planning so that we can plan for the best, and safest, experience for the students and the overall program.
To help the planning process, we are asking for your voice. Attached to this is a link to a survey asking for your input on trip planning. We want to consider the financial aspect, as well as the comfort level with travel as we still push through COVID. We would like you to consider some options if we took a trip that would be in the range of $1,600 – $2,000. This would not be a larger destination trip, such as California or Hawaii, but rather a trip that would keep us on this side of the country, yet still require airfare.
Please fill out the survey no later than Friday, April 2nd.
We thank you in advance for your feedback!
Mr. Frank and the LHSGBOPC Board