Pickup for Carl’s Corner, Holiday Ornaments and Winter Flowers/Live Greens are scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 28 @ 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. Please pull into the science center lot (entrance on Elizabeth Ave.). Please wear a mask and stay in your car, do not park. This will be a drive-thru pickup. We will load your car and then you can verify your order, sign off and pay. Please be patient in line as there are several fundraiser pickups at the same time.
We are very pleased to announce an opportunity for you and your family to see the Band! Join us on Tuesday, November 10 at 7 pm for the “Grenadiers in Review”! The band will take the field at BASD stadium and perform its pregame show. You will then be entertained with familiar marches and all the pep tune hits! Included in the evening will be a recognition of our seniors. To ensure we stay within the capacity, this will be a ticketed event. We hope to be able to stream the event for those who can’t join us. Ticketing information will be announced very soon. We hope to see you on Tuesday, November 10th at 7 pm for this event!
There is some inventory in limited quantities and sizes, click here to see items available. Please contact Meg Evans Gartley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for purchase on a first come, first serve basis. After email is sent with item request, you will receive an email with the address and times of the pop-up event.
March 10, 2020
Present: Meg Evans Gartley, Amy Haydt, Nikki Giannaras, Jason Applegate, Mr. Long, Mr. Frank
•Welcomed band parents to the meeting.
•Band concert volunteers needed through Sign-Up Genius. We need baked goods, water, soda..etc. There are a few new spots that will be added to sign-up tonight.
•We need a volunteer to swing by the Philly Pretzel Company to pick up pretzels for the band concert. Please see Amy to sign up.
•There have been no reports as of late because we are switching over to a new platform.
•Band account has $165,861.27 as of now.
•January Minutes approved. No corrections.
Meg (VP Report):
•Soup pick up will be March 17th.
•Meg can answer any quota questions.
•Handicap seating link will go live tonight for the band concert.
•Copy of band letterhead needed by band parent in order to ask for donations.
Mr. Long (Band Director):
•Parade of Shamrocks on Saturday.
•We meet at 6th and Broad/Halloween Parade Route/Rain date Sunday!
•Jazzband performs at Nitschmann on 3/20.
•Chili Pipers-3/18-visit LHS on their day off—11-6PM (Bagpipers/Drummers/Highland Dancers)/Chili Pipers 3/21.
•Band Concert—Dress Rehearsal is mandatory
•Evening of the Arts
•Orchestra Concert with Pennridge HS
•Majorette Tryouts (5/20)
Mr. Frank (Assistant Band Director):
•PIT is up and running for Peter Pan. We meet Sundays from 5-8 PM.
•The Monday of the band concert (5:30-7:00)-First Company does practice. Dress rehearsal is a no-uniform night!
Amy, Band Nominations:
•All positions are open.
•4 At-Large positions are available
•Nominating Committee will collect nominations, contact each nominee to see if they would like to run for the position that they are nominated for. Nominees will be voted on by Board of Directors.
•The Board of Directors chooses the At-Large Members.
•Question…will 4 At-Large Members be voted on by the Board of Directors? Answer—Yes!
Executive Board Attendance: Amy Haydt, Meg Evans Gartley, Tina Martucci, Nikki Giannaras, Mr. Long, Mr. Frank
- Welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Introduced herself and board members (Meg-VP Student Accounting/Tina-VP Volunteers/Nikki-Secretary)
- Treasurer resigned. We are currently filling spot.
Meg (VP Student Accounts)
- Website has useful information!
- Grenadier clothing store open until Sunday.
- Find Facebook and Twitter Feeds on Website.
- Meeting Minutes will be on website.
- Fair Share–Band/orchestra-Used for operating budget/not collecting Fair Share at the moment/Will announce reduced Fair Share amount in December or January.
- Quota Accounts–Under construction
- If you need account information for your child…email Meg.
- New students can sign-up for Quota account using the online quota form on the website.
- Fundraisers are on website–Blue Mountain Candles, WaWa Coupons, Gertrude Hawk Candies
- Fundraisers are announced in newsletter and on website
- If you want to receive newsletters, sign up on website. Click on “envelope” icon on homepage.
- We are currently working on updating calendar and contact information on website.
Tina (VP Volunteers)
- Volunteering–If you wish to volunteer with the band, give clearances to Mr. Frank.
- Volunteers are needed to run fundraisers.
Mr. Frank (Assistant Band Director)
- Thanks for sending your amazing kids to us as we navigate this new normal. Flexibility is key.
- Schoology is the best way to stay up on everything. Check it daily.
- Band App helps students stay current as well.
- There will be four football games (10/3, 10/9, 10/23, 10/31).
- We are ready for any scenario concerning football games. We are looking for creative scenarios for students to play.
- PMEA, District Band, and District Orchestra–Posted on Schoology/No Festivals/Roster named/Students should prepare solos if they want to try out!
Mr. Long (Band Director)
- What a heck of a year! Thank you to everyone who cooperated for the time I was out. Thank you to the Haydts for representing the band at my mother’s funeral.
- Trip Information-I would like to form a committee (3-4 parents per grade level) to sit and talk about validity of a trip (price/destination). Information to follow. We are in the same boat as other LV Bands. We are all trying to figure out what to do as a band.
- Bethlehem Halloween Parade-Will be virtual. We cannot put out a good product…so we will use footage from another school year. We do not want to sacrifice quality!
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS…
- Seniors get first choice to play at football games.
- We are not sure of what year we will take our next band trip.
- Clearances from middle school do not transfer to high school. Be sure to send them directly to band department.
- There are 204 students in the band currently.
- Parents are able to check Schoology for attendance. Go to “Mentoring Class”.
- Meetings will be second Tuesday of the month/Posted on website and sent out in newsletter.
The LHSGBOPC is once again teaming up with Matey’s Pizza for a fundraiser. Please see the sale page for details.
UPDATE ON PICK UP: Pick up will be Saturday, 11/7/20, 9:00am-10:00am in the science lab lot (entrance is on Elizabeth Ave, next to the stadium). Masks are required for pick up.
We are once again teaming up with The Farm Bakery to offer delicious apple dumplings, shoo fly pies and funny cakes. All of the products keep for about 4-5 days under refrigeration and freeze very well for up to 6 months.
The cost is $6.50 per apple dumpling and $10.50 per pie/cake – $2.00 will go toward student quota.
Orders are due by 11:59 pm on 10/25/20. All orders must be placed using the online order form.
Pick up will be Saturday, 11/7/20. If you have any questions, please call or text Karen Koch at 484-554-3802.
Attention All Grenadiers!
As of today, 10/7, we have been given permission to have the full band at all home football games. That being said, we should be back up to full strength for Friday night’s game against Bethlehem Catholic. Please adjust your schedule to attend all home football games.
Friday Oct 9th – Bethlehem Catholic
Friday Oct 23rd – Nazareth
Saturday Oct 31st – Freedom
If you should have a conflict with this week’s game, please contact Mr Long.
Tickets for the games will be available to Senior and Junior parents only. Senior and Junior Grenadiers, we need your ticket requests by 7am, Thursday 10/8 (max of 2). Please let us know if you need 2 tickets, 1 ticket or none. Please email your requests to Mr. Long.
Please download this document for more information and answers to your questions.
The online store is open! Orders will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, September 27, 2020. Check out the great selection and support your favorite grenadier with something from the store! Orders will be available for pickup at the end of October (date and time TBD). Contact Chris by text (610-730-2107) or email email@example.com with any questions